Skip to main content

NAIJA COMEDIAN BASKET MOUTH DENIES FALSE REPORT AS LAFF AND JAM RETURNS


Contrary to ongoing report that one of Nigeria’s finest comedians, Bright Okpocha, aka, Basketmouth slapped a fan, true story has that the incident was reported out of context. According to a reliable insider and an eye witness, the said incident was highly reported out of context.
  The incident which happened about a year ago in a night club, Ecstasy Land, in Abuja was a minor misunderstanding which according to an eye witness was blown out of proportion. “I was there and I can boldly tell you that what was reported in that story is false and targeted at Basketmouth’s image. Whoever wrote that story has a different reason. The incident was surely blown out of context” he said
 In a telephone conversation with the comedian, he confirmed the incident. According to him he did not slap anyone. It was a minor misunderstanding which unfortunately degenerated into a minor argument. The incident, he said happened a while back and I am surprised that someone will reawaken an already buried and settled issue.
  Said he “I was in company of some of my colleagues after we had attended a show organized by Charley Boy. It happened that it was the same day AY was having his show in Abuja. I couldn’t make the show so I decided to go for the after party which held at a club (Ecstasy Land) in Abuja. While at the VIP section, a gentleman or so I thought, walked up to me requesting to take some shots (pictures) with me. I obliged him. He took three shots after which I politely told him that I think that was enough. He agreed and left. He came back and asked to take another one, I guess maybe the initials shots he had were not satisfactory”
  “At this point I really was not comfortable anymore but to avoid any insinuations I obliged him. A while later I was surprised to see the same guy walk up to me still asking to take more pictures. At this point I told him, that was going to be last because, truth be told, it was becoming unbearable. I allowed the last shot.
 To my greatest surprise, while still in the VIP section, I overheard a friend of his expressing his willingness to take some pictures with me. This same guy that has already taking five snap shots told his friend not to bother because according to him, he has tried but Basketmouth seem to be full of ego and as such I will not allow it.
  I really did not like the impression he was trying to give people about me so I walked up to him and asked him politely why he was telling such lies. Rather than be a gentle man, he shoved me aside telling to leave.
 That was so ungentlemanly. While still trying to see reasons with him, he continued his irrational behavior and before you know it the situation degenerated into a bit of fisticuffs.  Apparently, he was drunk because while the altercation continued, he was reeking of alcohol”
 The incident, Okpocha said was settled that same night and according to him, he cannot understand why it resurfaced again. “After the incident, the bouncers came and removed the guy from the club. He later came back in but nothing dramatic happened after then. The case was settled and both parties went their separate ways. i wasn't happy about the whole incident and promised myself such will never repeat itself anymore”
  However in another development the comedian has finally yielded calls from his numerous fans to bring back his comedy show, Laffs and Jams. The show which was a huge success while it held was put to rest by the comedian due to lack of finance. “I had to rest the show because I was basically funding it with my money. You will agree with me that that is not easy. As much as the people liked it then and they kept coming religiously, it was so painful that I had to rest it”. So if there is no money why is he bringing it back?
 “Everywhere I go, most people ask me what happened to the show. To as many I could be honest with I told them it was fund and for those I couldn’t tell the truth, I basically said logistics. However the clamor for the show’s comeback has been massive and I think I am ready to take the risk again but this time hoping that we will get sponsors along the line.
  If you can remember, the show was a huge success even up to the last edition but the burden was too much for me to bear. But now it is coming back with anew flare, fun and razzmatazz. We are coming back full blast and I promise this is one show that will blow everyone’s mind.
He added that his “aim is to ensure that I give my numerous fans, the best of comedy, in a relaxed atmosphere and value for money. Laffs and Jams is one show that gives everyone, irrespective of their age difference, the opportunity to leave the comfort of their home and take some time off to laugh and above everything else, have fun”  he concluded.
Related links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEX SCANDAL ROCKS TELECOM COMPANY,ZAIN IN NIGERIA

Sex is so sweet but dangerous when it is done with the wrong person.That was excatly the case as two staffers of a major telecom company in Nigeria were caught in the web of sex controversy recently.The people involved are alledgely married to different partners but alledge yet having sexual relationships for time now.Recently, news peddlers told http://www.niyitabiti.blogspot.com/ that they both decided to take their love nest to a foreign country. Just like the case of Anita Hogan, the Nollywood actress, they both decided to take pictures naked.Some of the photos were e-mailed to us but we decided to post just two so that we won't 'corrupt'your eyes. We further gathered that they later misplaced the memory card and it got into the wrong hands. Someone whispered that it got into the hands of a family member who immediately wired it to some press people. At the moment, we gathered that the two people have allegedly been sacked. Efforts to get the head of corporate affairs

EX-GOVERNOR AGAGU's DAUGHTER, SOLAPE WEDS BRIAN HAMMOND

[caption id="attachment_5361" align="alignleft" width="333" caption="Brian Hammond & Solape Agagu on their wedding day"] [/caption] Solape the first daughter of ex governor Agagu of ondo state is married. She wedded Brian hammond, younger brother of Cecil hammond May 2011. Solape is 33 and a consultant while Brian is 31 and an engineer in a private firm. They were introduced together by Paula,Kojo Annan's ex who's also Brian's sister and solape's friend. One of those that attended the wedding disclosed to gistmaster.com that the ceremony was devoid of unnecessary display of opulence and extravagance. " It has nothing to show it's wedding of an ex governor's daughter. Just a regular posh wedding" Related Links Governor's Daughter who washes toilets Actress Mercy Johnson opens up on her upcoming wedding and date Seun Olubukola and Niyi Adewunmi's wedding photos Bolanle Sokunbi and Folahan Aboderin wed

CHARLY BOY DENIES GAY AND ILLUMINATI STORY,VOWS TO TAKE NEWSPAPER TO COURT

  Controversial entertainer and head honcho of the popular Charly Boy show,Charles Oputa has denied the recent report making the rounds that he is gay and head of illuminati in Nigeria. Charly Boy described the info published in some newspaper as total misinformation. Only a lunatic