Skip to main content

WHAT WE ARE WEARING TO HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS



The much talked about fourth edition of the annual hip hop world awards is just around the corner, and as it gets closer, the competition is getting stiffer as artistes, industry practitioners and record label owners gear up to storm Abuja with a bang.

The awards for urbane music and hip hop culture is known for its brilliant shot at creating a perfect picture of what a proper red carpet event should look like. Year in year out, celebrities attend the function that has been declared ‘Nigeria’s most organized awards ceremony’ dressed to kill.

‘I would definitely be at my best at this year’s edition of Hip Hop World awards, I saw a presentation the guys at Hip on TV did last year, and any body in his or her right senses will not want to be inappropriately dressed, so this year’s arrow does not hit him or her’ 9ice who is up for six nomination says ‘I would be putting on a suit designed by Macho for the yellow carpet, and another outfit to perform, but you should be rest assured that I will be looking my best on that day’ he concludes

Ruggedman who attended the awards last year dressed in his own label- 20th September wear will also be doing the same this year ‘I’d definitely be wearing 20th September to the event’ he says.

Like Ruggedman, Sasha will be dressing herself to the awards ‘well, eclectic by Sasha will be making my dress, that is who has been responsible for everything I have been wearing to the awards since its inception, and I will be putting on something bright, so it can stand me out and blend with the yellow carpet’ she disclosed.

The event which has been penciled for the International Conference Centre, Abuja on Saturday, May 16, 2009 is usually preceded by a glamorous yellow carpet ceremony, where celebrities will get to show case the designers behind their outfits amongst many other things. ‘My costume for this year’s awards will be designed by Clothesense, I wont step on that yellow carpet not looking good, you can take my word on that’ Banky W, host for this year’s awards discloses.

Known for his good dress sense, prolific producer ID Cabasa says ‘I can’t tell what color I’d be putting on right now, but I’ll unquestionably be putting on a suit, although I have not made up my mind on who is making it. I have an option between Steel’s Needles and Stitches or Macho Martinez’ he says.

Years after a lot of people embraced the red carpet and made it a tradition at events and awards ceremonies, celebrities and invited guests were shocked when they arrived at the Muson Centre to a yellow carpet in 2007. And in 2008, the organizers were on point as they not only covered the whole of Planet one events centre, Maryland with an elaborate spread of the yellow carpet, but the carpet was also branded with the logo of the title sponsor- MTN.

‘I really don’t have a lot of options right here, but I hope to be putting on an outfit made by Steel’ Eldee the Don discloses.

Member of defunct group JJC and 419, MP says ‘I would be putting on a three piece suit by Ozwald Boateng or I might just decide to dress down by putting on a v neck cardigan by Cavali with a fitted shirt inside. To go with that I will have on a black or grey pairs pants, prada shoes and my signature Dolce and Gabanna shades to complete the ‘osamo’ look’

Omawumi on the other hand reveals ‘I will be putting on a Nigerian print that is predominantly orange on the yellow carpet and for the awards, but for my performance, I’d be putting on a white and black African print and its going to be designed by my own tailor’

‘For me, it will be nothing other than Naija Ninja, although I haven’t made up my mind on what I’ll be wearing exactly’ Lyricist Sound Sultan says

When D banj performed at the maiden edition of the awards, he had a towel on and a brigade band in tow. He surprised all and shocked many. Remember 9ice with his native attire on stage last year? ‘Well, all I can say is that as the awards grows, the surprises especially when it comes to dressing gets more and more unpredictable’ Ayo Animashaun, the award’s executive producer says

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEX SCANDAL ROCKS TELECOM COMPANY,ZAIN IN NIGERIA

Sex is so sweet but dangerous when it is done with the wrong person.That was excatly the case as two staffers of a major telecom company in Nigeria were caught in the web of sex controversy recently.The people involved are alledgely married to different partners but alledge yet having sexual relationships for time now.Recently, news peddlers told http://www.niyitabiti.blogspot.com/ that they both decided to take their love nest to a foreign country. Just like the case of Anita Hogan, the Nollywood actress, they both decided to take pictures naked.Some of the photos were e-mailed to us but we decided to post just two so that we won't 'corrupt'your eyes. We further gathered that they later misplaced the memory card and it got into the wrong hands. Someone whispered that it got into the hands of a family member who immediately wired it to some press people. At the moment, we gathered that the two people have allegedly been sacked. Efforts to get the head of corporate affairs

EX-GOVERNOR AGAGU's DAUGHTER, SOLAPE WEDS BRIAN HAMMOND

[caption id="attachment_5361" align="alignleft" width="333" caption="Brian Hammond & Solape Agagu on their wedding day"] [/caption] Solape the first daughter of ex governor Agagu of ondo state is married. She wedded Brian hammond, younger brother of Cecil hammond May 2011. Solape is 33 and a consultant while Brian is 31 and an engineer in a private firm. They were introduced together by Paula,Kojo Annan's ex who's also Brian's sister and solape's friend. One of those that attended the wedding disclosed to gistmaster.com that the ceremony was devoid of unnecessary display of opulence and extravagance. " It has nothing to show it's wedding of an ex governor's daughter. Just a regular posh wedding" Related Links Governor's Daughter who washes toilets Actress Mercy Johnson opens up on her upcoming wedding and date Seun Olubukola and Niyi Adewunmi's wedding photos Bolanle Sokunbi and Folahan Aboderin wed

CHARLY BOY DENIES GAY AND ILLUMINATI STORY,VOWS TO TAKE NEWSPAPER TO COURT

  Controversial entertainer and head honcho of the popular Charly Boy show,Charles Oputa has denied the recent report making the rounds that he is gay and head of illuminati in Nigeria. Charly Boy described the info published in some newspaper as total misinformation. Only a lunatic