Skip to main content

SYLVIA NDUKA,NIGERIA's NEWEST BEAUTY QUEEN TALKS ABOUT HER FAMILY, CHILDHOOD AND LOVE LIFE





[caption id="attachment_6270" align="alignleft" width="355" caption="Sylvia Nduka"][/caption]





Shortly after winning the this year's edition of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria contest, Sylvia Nduka granted Vivian Onuorah an interview where she talked about her growing up, why she admire Omowunmi Akinnifesi and other issues such as her love life. Enjoy

Who is Sylvia Nduka?

I am a very simple and easy going girl. I am a 3rd year student of University of Lagos, studying Accountancy. I hail from Anambra State. I grew up here in Lagos and I am the last issue in my family of 4. I had my secondary education at Queen’s College, Lagos and from there I went to Madonna University but I left after a year and I got an admission into Unilag.

 

Why did you leave Madonna University?

I did because of the distance, I live in Lagos with my parents and of course the distance of travelling that far every month to see my parents in Lagos was quite stressful for me that was why I left Madonna.

 

Is this your first attempt in a beauty contest?

Yes it is but when I was 16, I wanted to go for Miss Queens College but I was out of school so I missed the contest.

 

How did you get into the MBGN competition in the first place?

A friend of mine told me about it and I rushed to get my form which I filled and submitted. Luckily, I was selected like other lucky girls as well.

 

Did your parents know of your intention right from the beginning?

No, they didn’t and I couldn’t even tell them until I scaled through the first 2 screenings. But I was surprised that when I finally did, they weren’t even mad at me and they supported me all the way.



How would you describe your experience while in camp?

It was wonderful as well as stressful because there I had to do things I wasn’t used to; waking up very early every morning and engaging in different classes of exercise and others but it’s quite a memorable experience because I learnt a lot from other contestants too.

 

What is going to change about you now you have been crowned the 2011 MBGN?

Nothing really, I am still going to be my old self. I will still have my old friends and even make new ones as well but I will definitely no longer go to those my favourite joints in school to eat.

 

How did you feel when you were pronounced the winner?

Wow! I felt very happy and surprised at the same time because I didn’t expect to win. In fact, my heart was just pounding and I couldn’t explain the feeling.

 

How do you mean that you did expect it?

It’s not as if I didn’t expect to be victorious because in every contest one aspires to win but I didn’t see it coming.



What do you think got you the crown?

Well, I give it to God; I don’t think it’s by the looks or anything because every contestant there had the looks as well. I think it’s just the favour of God and I’m indeed grateful to Him for my victory.

 

How prepared are you to carry out your new responsibilities as the queen?

I know I am prepared.

 

What do you think is expected of you as the new queen?

Well I know a lot is expected of me to make a change towards growth and development in the country. Like now am going to start work on improving the academic standard of children.



How will you go about that?

Like now am going to work in partnership with some organizations to source for scholarship for some of these kids.





[caption id="attachment_6273" align="alignleft" width="333" caption="Omowunmi Akinnifesi"][/caption]

Among the past queens, who do you admire the most?


Omowunmi Akinifesi and that’s because she is a very intelligent person, she knows what she wants and goes for it.



Are you still going to have time for the man in your life?

No, there’s no man for now, am still single.

Why?

Because I feel am still very young for that and besides I don’t want any form of distraction from any guy at the moment.

Comments

  1. [...] ch_color_text = "#000000"; ch_color_bg = "#FFFFFF"; Read more from the original source:  SYLVIA NDUKA,NIGERIA's NEWEST BEAUTY QUEEN TALKS ABOUT HER FAMILY … Share and [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia u truelly are a beauty queen & u deserved the crown with Ur smiles and carriage i could remember e/t vividly when d judge had not announced the winner b/w u & ur runner up. Even ur sisterly embrace when it was finally announced proved it.wish u would use this opportunity to remember models like us who wish 2 contest bt 4 our a bit shorter height. Beauty, U go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, congrats. Getting to another level in life is not quite easy. Yes! Just like u said God did it all d way. Always put in first throughout ur reign and always. U realy have a queen's smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SEX SCANDAL ROCKS TELECOM COMPANY,ZAIN IN NIGERIA

Sex is so sweet but dangerous when it is done with the wrong person.That was excatly the case as two staffers of a major telecom company in Nigeria were caught in the web of sex controversy recently.The people involved are alledgely married to different partners but alledge yet having sexual relationships for time now.Recently, news peddlers told http://www.niyitabiti.blogspot.com/ that they both decided to take their love nest to a foreign country. Just like the case of Anita Hogan, the Nollywood actress, they both decided to take pictures naked.Some of the photos were e-mailed to us but we decided to post just two so that we won't 'corrupt'your eyes. We further gathered that they later misplaced the memory card and it got into the wrong hands. Someone whispered that it got into the hands of a family member who immediately wired it to some press people. At the moment, we gathered that the two people have allegedly been sacked. Efforts to get the head of corporate affairs

EX-GOVERNOR AGAGU's DAUGHTER, SOLAPE WEDS BRIAN HAMMOND

[caption id="attachment_5361" align="alignleft" width="333" caption="Brian Hammond & Solape Agagu on their wedding day"] [/caption] Solape the first daughter of ex governor Agagu of ondo state is married. She wedded Brian hammond, younger brother of Cecil hammond May 2011. Solape is 33 and a consultant while Brian is 31 and an engineer in a private firm. They were introduced together by Paula,Kojo Annan's ex who's also Brian's sister and solape's friend. One of those that attended the wedding disclosed to gistmaster.com that the ceremony was devoid of unnecessary display of opulence and extravagance. " It has nothing to show it's wedding of an ex governor's daughter. Just a regular posh wedding" Related Links Governor's Daughter who washes toilets Actress Mercy Johnson opens up on her upcoming wedding and date Seun Olubukola and Niyi Adewunmi's wedding photos Bolanle Sokunbi and Folahan Aboderin wed

PHOTOS FROM STAR ACTRESS, INI EDO WHITE WEDDING IN HOUSTON,TX,USA ON SATURDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2009

Story: Niyi Tabiti Photo Credit & acknowledgment: Segun Gele, Angela Igbinadolor Cooper & Elizabeth Erhumwusee Contrary to news report that Nollywood star actress and her man, Phillip Ehiagwina are still planning to hold their white wedding, authoritative sources hinted gistmaster that the ceremony had indeed taken place in Houston, United States of America last weekend! The Pre-wedding party and wedding proper took place on 27 and 28 of February 2009 respectively. At present, Ini is still having a swell time with her man in Houston as felicitations continue to pour for the newly married couple. Sources hinted that few friends of the Nollywood actress such as Oge Okoye an Emem Isong were at the event to support one of their own. Their traditional carnival like traditional wedding ceremony had earlier taken place in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria ( Click here to read Ini Edo is pregnant ) The wedding appears to be the final nail needed to seal their relat